37 th Annual Original Southwest Louisiana Zydeco Music Festival
37th Annual Original Southwest Louisiana Zydeco Music Festival
“All roads lead to Opelousas, its Zydeco Country”. Celebrate the oldest Zydeco Festival in the Zydeco Capital of the World, Opelousas Louisiana. All held at the Historic Yambilee Festival Grounds, taking you to the heart and roots of where Zydeco music originated.
It’s the 37th Annual Original Southwest Louisiana Zydeco Music Festival held
Friday, August 30, 2019 – Kick-Off Dance Evangeline Downs: Jeremy & the Hot Boyz
Saturday, August 31, 2019 Showtime: 8:30 AM to 12Midnight.
- Traditional Creole Food – Art & Crafts – Lots of Cold Beer & Beverages, Kick-Off Dance, Big Zydeco Parade, Zydeco Breakfast and non-stop Zydeco Music that includes Armature Accordion Contest for Main Stage.
Zydeco Breakfast: Mike Broussard & Nu Edition
Main Stage Yambilee Building:
- Cory Ledet Zydeco – 12:00 PM- 2:00 PM
- Nathan Williams & Zydeco Cha Cha – 2:15 PM – 4:00 PM
- Geno Delafose French Rockin’ Boogie – 4:00PM – 6:00 PM
- Lil Nate & Zydeco Big Timers – 6:00 PM — 8:00 PM
- Step Rideau & the Zydeco Outlaws – 8:15 PM – 10:00 PM
- Leroy Thomas & The Zydeco Roadrunners10 – 10:15PM – 12:00Mid
This event is sponsored by SW LA Zydeco Music Festival Foundation
Corporate Sponsors – LCVC & Opelousas Tourism, St Landry Parish Tourism, Evangeline Downs & Senator Boudreaux District 24
Major Sponsors – CLECO – Coke Cola – Schilling – LCVC – Opelousas Tourism – St Landry Parish Government – Evangeline Downs
In-Kind Sponsors – Kalaco Solutions LLC, Benny’s, Super One, Champagne Foods, Piggly Wiggly, Russell Foods, Bodemuller, Credeur’s, Couture’s Closet, Brisket Basket, KOCZ, KIEE, KNEK, KBON, 105.9, KLFY, KATC, and FOX